Saturday, February 27, 2016

New Year, New Job!



The New Year was full of surprises indeed! I was offered a job when I wasn't even looking for one. A part-owner of a company who partnered with the previous company I worked for contacted me and would like to discuss how we could work together. He asked me to come and meet him and his staff in their office in Pasig.

At the back of my head, I thought I was dreaming. Opportunity was presenting itself to me. God really moves in mysterious ways. I also thought and prayed hard if I was all ready to work again. The only reason why I wasn't actively looking for a job was because of my gallstone problems. I didn't think I would be able to handle commuting or being absent too often from work.

I came in for an "interview" but the "interviewer" (TL) didn't want me to think of it that way. We were just talking and discussing about stuff and told me to feel comfortable. Everything was informal. He would ask me questions about my past experiences and responsibilities but still, he was like a common friend as he also knew my previous boss / owner of the company I worked for. We were just laughing at each other's jokes but still being able to discuss important matters.

TL wanted me to tell him the tasks and responsibilities I had before so he could fit me in a right position in his company. He didn't want to put me in a position and fit me in with the job description. It was his "burden" to figure out where I would really excel. Long story short, my husband waited at 7-11 for about 2 hours for me to finish being "interviewed". LOL

I was really impressed with the company, with what they do and how they actually operate. TL wanted me to be a part of his extraordinary company but he didn't want to pressure me to give an answer right away. He asked me to send him an email on how I think I would fit in his company, if I do decide to join them. TL also wanted me to let him know regarding the salary and compensation I "wanted".
It was such a long email that I just typed it in a Word document and attached it to the email lol. In the email, I discussed about my supposed upcoming surgery at UP Manila College of Dentistry (more details here) and was concerned that I might not be able to fulfill my responsibilities after it being done.

A few days after, I was invited to come in again so I could talk to one of the other part-owner, JU. JU was going to be my immediate supervisor and unfortunately, TL wasn't around so he was only on speakerphone. They gave me a wonderful offer (which I really thanked God for) and told me that I can start on February 2.

Yey!


No comments:

Post a Comment